Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how often you buy a new gun. I am talking hunting gun, so as long as it's legal to hunt with let's here. My last purchase was Feb. 2005. I was wanting a new Tikka T3, but it's delayed until next summer. Bought a new LCD TV last night instead.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to squeeze one in a year. This year being election year, I squeezed 8 AR15 lowers, and a Stevens 200 in .308. Now I am broke as a joke, but I love my guns.
I was buying one rifle a year until 2005. With kids, and the wife's unexpected job turns, it's not been possible. Right now, she has finally decided to go back to college. If I don't buy another gun for the next three years to pay for college, I am fine with that. After next August, she can have my GI Bill, but she's wanting to see how much of it we can afford out of pocket right now. I could have gotten a rifle this year, but considering I can't use it I opted for the LCD tv. At least it will get good use by the wife and kids, and I can watch the Super Bowl in HD, as I'll be home in time for that! :clap:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Thought about this for a while, guess it averages out about one a year. I inherited several guns a while back so I haven't bought any for a while, I've just been fixing the ones I've got. If you buy them a part at a time and put them together, does that count?

·
Administrator
89,104 Posts
Try to squeeze one in a year. This year being election year, I squeezed 8 AR15 lowers, and a Stevens 200 in .308. Now I am broke as a joke, but I love my guns.
That's talkin'!! :biggrin:

I haven't bought any this year, really not in the market for anything. (I can't believe I just said that... :smack: )

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
If I run onto something I want...who knows. So far this year I picked up another 257 Roberts and another 7mm-08, a new old-stock gunstock for my Pre-64 Model 70 30-06, and a new piece of wood for my Pre-WWII Model 70 .270.

I'm always checking pawn-shops and gun shops for that hidden gem. Always looking.

·
Premium Member
18,017 Posts
Guns, what guns? I don't own no stinkin' guns!

But if I did, I would probably be buying and keeping a couple a year (all guns, not just hunting guns). I've hunted with the same deer rifle for about 10 years now and don't see that changing anytime soon.

·
Registered
647 Posts
got 35 marlin when i was 17, killed 8 pt first time i took it hunting. thru the years i've took some nice bucks, even loaned it to my friends and they all took nice deer. 2 years ago i gave that marlin to my son and he took his first deer with a rifle. some rifles just hunt good and that was one. i replaced it with 280 remington mt. rifle. tagged two nice bucks with it first year. i kept the marlin 40 years, looks like my son is getting another one that does all the work:flag:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I've bought only three so far. I still keep promising myself another EBR! And I'm sure before it all wraps up I'll have another.

Between home improvement projects, kids, a grandkid and restocking some hunting gear... I haven't had the $$$$ I had planned to spend this year on guns.

But, I have laid in a good supply of "groceries" for the guns I do have!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.