Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I rechecked the slough again this weekend where I have my stand and the water is still about 10inches deep, it has only dropped 2 inches in a week. The bad part about it is this is the first year in 3 years that these groves of persimmons have had fruit and this is they are LOADED! I still plan on hunting it come gun season hopefully some of them moccasins will vacate! Last year in here we killed 17 moccasins in 1 day:smack:I sure hate wading at dark with them jokers everywhere. But I am also thinking when the guns start roaring the thickets around the slough we have a few good bucks using it!

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll wade right through it and bed on mounds, thinking they are safe, just better make sure to have your thermacell.
Aint that right! I bought extra refills they still bad! Dang beavers have my slough backed up there aint no water standing anywhere else on the lease but they got 50 acres backed up in the slough!

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Buba, Sounds like it might be time to thin the beavers just a bit? :head:
I been thinkin about that I got a 17 thats itching to be shot! If it werent for all them rattlemouthcoppermoccasins I dig out there dam and let some water out! Come on cold weather

·
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have a better idea, about 100lbs of corn and dig a few holes and let the hogs do the work on the dam for me! I put a bag on the ground next to it last weekend and they dug the ground down 6 inches!I figure dig a few holes fill with corn and line up the dam with corn and turn em loose!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.