Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal... the last few years I have been paying $500.00 a year to stay at a buddies house right on the bank of Bayou Meto. He leases a couple fields for paying clients that I have hunted maybe 6 times in the past 2 years. I prefer to hunt in the woods and I have my own boat and decoys. I usually don't start duck hunting till after Christmas, the last 1/2 of the season.
Here's the rub... he's going up to $1000.00 this year. Is that a fair price for a place to lay my head at night? I always cook breakfast (at lunch time) and also cook supper. If it's a night when someone else is cooking supper, I do the dishes. I haul folks in my boat when we hunt together (his paying guests), haul decoys, clean birds, etc.
Just wondering what someone else thought about full price for 1/2 a season.:head:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Tell him to drop dead. I don't see where a "buddy" could ask you to do what you do, and then gladly take your money.

Sounds like you do a lot of work.

I hope you are hauling people in your boat in private woods as well. I know you said the banks of Bayou Meto which could mean anywhere. Just wondering.

Answer to your question. I don't think that is fair.

·
Registered
492 Posts
:head: heck if ya fix lunch supper and do dishes...i'll only charge ya $450...just kidding..sounds like your so called buddy is takin advantage of ya...it seems to me.. he owes you for your services
JMHO BH958

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Sounds like he has taken advantage of your love for duck hunting. You were "his boy" for $500 and now he wants you to cough up twice that for a place to lay your head after you do all the work plus guiding. It's time to hit the road and a set up camp at a free camp site and do your own hunting with "your pals".

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
it sounds to me like your "friend" is taking advantage of you AND putting you at risk to be in serious trouble with the agfc if you are hauling paying friends of his into public grounds.:skeptical:

·
Banned
385 Posts
Here's what you should do. Wait til he take's his "paying" friends to the woods, turn him in to Mr. Green jeans, collect the reward money then tell him to "F" off.......at least you'd get some of your money back.:clap:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Here's the deal... the last few years I have been paying $500.00 a year to stay at a buddies house right on the bank of Bayou Meto. He leases a couple fields for paying clients that I have hunted maybe 6 times in the past 2 years. I prefer to hunt in the woods and I have my own boat and decoys. I usually don't start duck hunting till after Christmas, the last 1/2 of the season.
Here's the rub... he's going up to $1000.00 this year. Is that a fair price for a place to lay my head at night? I always cook breakfast (at lunch time) and also cook supper. If it's a night when someone else is cooking supper, I do the dishes. I haul folks in my boat when we hunt together (his paying guests), haul decoys, clean birds, etc.
Just wondering what someone else thought about full price for 1/2 a season.:head:
$500 I wouldnt say is to bad, If you can walk out the back door and be in Bayou Meta, I would say the 1k is rip though unless he's tryin to run you off. $500 is probably a little high for a good friend, unless you get to hunt the field s some. If what your sayin is true, it sounds like your pulling your weight.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it sounds to me like your "friend" is taking advantage of you AND putting you at risk to be in serious trouble with the agfc if you are hauling paying friends of his into public grounds.:skeptical:
:doh: Oh they just pay to spend the night and eat and drink. Then if they choose to hunt the fields, it's $100.00 a gun. Boat rides are free. Everyone knows you can't be guidin in da bayou. Usually after a couple days humping through the woods they like the idea of a pit or a blind that you can drive up to and just get out:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Dude.. I'd have to cut him loose!!! Sounds like you're doing the work for his money and paying to do it too!!!

I'm down with the whole "access" thing.. the fields, the place to lay yer head etc.etc. But it sounds to me like you're a paying customer too!!!

Not sure what the accommodations in that neck of the woods are, but I'd be finding out if it was me!!!

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
622 Posts
1000.00 and cook clean etc.

boy you sound better than my wife...... and i you would pay a thousand dollars too.. wow.. i need to train her better.:smack:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.