Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
If your talking about all types of hunting then I would have to say probably somewhere between 75 and 100 days a year.(my wife says more):razz: I hunt deer and turkey, but most of my time in the field is with my dog, squirrel hunting. I go just about every day. Sometimes it may only be for a hour, after I get in from work, but I get in the woods every chance I get.:twothumbs

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Being retired, I try to spend as many days as I can out on the water fishing or in the woods hunting. So I would guess I spend maybe 150 days fishing per year and about 90 hunting. I try to stay away from the water on weekends because of the tourists idiots, water skiers, etc. But I like hunting on weekends because more hunters are in the woods and keep the deer moving. That being said, in the 20 years of hunting here in the Ozarks, I don't think I've run across more than a couple of dozen hunters. But I hear guns going off so I know they ain't that far away.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hunt every weekend till I tag out. I start hunting bears till I kill one or the acorns fall, then I go after deer, I'll hunt deer every weekend and I'll be in a stand for a couple of hours after I get work a couple nights a week. Turkey season I usally spend extra time scouting and about 4 days hunting.

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts
This year I'm not gonna get as many days in as I want.

I might get one day every weekend...with a few more or a few less depending on what I got going on.

I know, it's disappointing.:frown:

·
Registered
305 Posts
My work sched is a bit diff than most,,I work 2 days one week & 5 days the next,,with every other weekend off..Come Fall & Winter,,I hunt nearly every one of my off days..Not sure of the # of days,,never really counted em,,wish it were everyday..

·
Super Moderator
11,340 Posts
Atleast 100 every year. I deer hunt everyday from october till after november 24th or so when duck season starts and i duck hunt every day i can and then about every day in turkey season. I usually go b4 school or after school and i got some free days from school i can take and use for huntin also

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.