Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people made the trip to Tulsa to the gun show this past weekend. I was there saturday and found one new toy and should have bought another but I wouldn't turn loose of the money. There was alot of nice stuff there. But when you have 3900 tables and 11 acres under roof you are going to have alot of nice stuff. If you like gun shows and haven't been to tulsa I would suggest making the trip.

Farmerjon

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Didn't get to go, but we've been before. I suggest going to that one in a large group, everybody with notepads, pencils, and walkie talkies. If you see something you like, you better write down the isle and row numbers, or you'll never see it again. The show is that big!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I've been a few times, although not in the past 3-4 years.

For some years I'd go with one particular friend.
We'd split, go to opposite corners and start towards each other with notepads in hand. Items of interest (we had each other's lists copied) were noted by a grid system we'd made up. The building columns are marked and that helps. We'd meet in then center about 1100, eat lunch then make for the points of interest for an afternoon of haggling, etc.

Of course, there was the occasional real-deal that HAD to be bought on the spot, e.g. an old US-made Weaver T-10 scope still in orig. packaging for $120. :biggrin:

Other times we walked the aisles, each taking a side, one to the left, one to the right, stopping to talk at the end of each aisle.

I've never left there without aching feet and legs and head full of "cool stuff" ideas, whether I bought a thing or not.

Tommy

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I made it over there once when I lived in Tulsa. It was always bad timing... One show during turkey season, and another during muzzleloader season.
It is truly amazing though. I was amazed at how big it was when I walked in there, and then there was a whole nother floor below what I could see there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts