How many sounds do you use?

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by bullet-slinger, Dec 27, 2010.

1. bullet-slinger

bullet-slinger Well-Known Member

I watched a youtube video today of a person hunting coyotes. He was using a Foxpro Prairie Blaster to call with. He said he had over 200 sounds, but only used 3 to call coyotes with because he has found those 3 work.

How many sounds do you have and how many do you actually uses regularly?

What sounds are the ones you use that you’ve discovered work for you?

Thanks,

Ken

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I have a Prairie Blaster too. I have around 200 sounds as well. I normally only use bay bee cottontail, screamin rabbit and lightning jack. Once in a while I put out some coyote vocals if things get really tough. Most of the time if they are going to come they come to almost anything. I would rather make more stands than sit forever trying all kinds of different calls. 10 to 15 minutes and Im out of there.

I called one in this afternoon. He hung up at aroung 300 yards. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at him. He just wasnt coming. Some may be able to coax em in when they hang up, but not me. I would rather move on to one that will run over the top of me. :up:

3. ArkyHunter

ArkyHunter Well-Known Member

cottontail jackrabbit fawn sometimes turkey

4. bullet-slinger

lightning jack was one of the 3 the other guy used often too. If you had it to do all over again would you buy another foxpro prairie blaster or something else?

Thanks,

Ken

5. bullet-slinger

Do coyotes actually come to the turkey call?

6. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

It is a very nice call. The only complaint I have with it is its flippen heavy. Either that or Im weak. :shrug:

I would prolly go with something a little lighter. I would most likely stay with Fox Pro.