how many people canoe/kayak?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Recreation' started by SilverTrigger, Dec 24, 2010.

1. SilverTrigger

SilverTrigger Well-Known Member

Just seeing if anybody canoes/kayaks any of the rivers or lakes around the state. I got a kayak for Christmas. It's one of the ones rigged for fishing, and wanted to get some folks tip,suggestions on some good places to float and fish.

2. headhunter_60

headhunter_60 Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

I do, mainly do the buffalo. I have walked/waded the kings river, war eagle creek, big creek, crooked creek and a few others. The best fishing on the buffalo is from Rush to the White River. It is a 30 mile float I think. There aren't any take out points from rush to the white. It has some good long deep pools. The kings is only float-able when there has been enough rain, same with crooked creek. A few on my list I am going to go to are the mulberry river, ouachita river, saline river, caddo river, eleven point and one or two others I can't remember. I'm wanting to do a 3 day float on the lower buffalo come spring time. It remains my favorite.

3. pyrohawg

pyrohawg Well-Known Member

NWA
    If you want to get away from the crowd and fish then I would say the Kings River is the place. You can go pretty much anytime during the week and not see anyone except for maybe a few farmers along the way. The weekends get a little crowded but I am out on the river early and usually far ahead of the other canoes. If you want an overnight float then from Old Albam to Rock house is nice...Gets alittle slow at times but has several nice deep holes to fish.

4. bird dog

bird dog Moderator-Outdoor Recreation

Class II whitewater Canoeing for me, (piney & s fourche)no flatwater and maybe some class III after heavy rain, since I am an open boater ,
    class 4 & 5 is to difficult for my skill level .
    Padle a solo Dagger "Oncore" also a have a tandam "Buffalo"
    and a raft for family trips.

5. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I have an old canoe that I use when I wade small rivers and fish. I drag it behind me and fish upstream. When I'm through fishing I paddle it back to the truck.

6. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

headhunter said it!

i just started wanting one this yr but i dont know anyone who has one and it would be too much of a hassle for just me to go so..... if i had a few buddies that were down to go all the time it would def be a diff story