·
Administrator
41,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many do you usually try to keep?

What breed(s) are they?

Im gonna have to type it up to even be able to count em. :smack:

Mine are all beagles.

Ive got 3 females that are grown and running.

One male that is 8 months old and running.

One female that is 5 months and not started yet.

Two blackcreek females that I just got this week. Theyre about 4 months and not started yet.

And 17 pups in two litters.

Id like to stay around 6 or 7 dogs, not counting puppies.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

I currently have 1 dog that I have used for hunting. Max is a male black lab but he has retired from duck and goose hunting due to arthritus. His main job now is to look out the window and bark at the school bus twice a day.

Nugget is a female yellow lab and the only thing she likes to hunt is opposum in the back yard. She has caught 3 so far. She also likes to stalk our apple tree and makes a kill at least once a day on a apple.

Crawler is a weiner/beagle mix that I am training with with a squierrel hide. He enjoys the tracking part but will not bark treed. He does enjoy stalking birds though. He sneaks up on them like a cat. Low to the ground and a good stalker. He got his first blackbird a couple of weeks ago.

I had a 15 year old beagle named Rowdy. I had to put her down last year and cried like a baby. She was a rabbit running machine in her day.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 1, a mountain feist. She is only 10 months old, but is coming along nicely. In just a couple of weeks or so, squirrel season will be here and then I can really get her out and going. I have been getting her out in the woods when it has not been to hot. She is treeing squirrels now and really gaining some confidence in the woods. I have 3 other dogs though. A Yorkie that would make a good squirrel dog (no seriously he hates squirrels) but he is just to small for the woods. A black lab that is just to lazy and gun shy to hunt. Only lab I have ever seen that will not retrieve, and last a lab/sheperd mix. She just loves having a good time and does not care a thing about hunting. They are all part of the family

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I have 2 Mt. Cur Dogs.

My Male's name is Jammin Jukebox. He is one crackerjack squirrle dog.

My Female's name is Katie. She is wide open from the time I hit the woods until I'm ready to leave.

They both are a pleasure to hunt with. I can't wait until the leaves start falling. That's my favorite time of the year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
1- Redbone gype bout 2 years old (coonhound)
1- Ratterrior hes so old I cant remeber his age.(retired squirrel dog)

If any you fellas have a free fullblooded coonhound you dont want message me. Ill give them a good home take good care them and hunt there toenails off there feet. Yea I sound cheap wanting free hounds but 3 kids a ole lady and gas prices makes me have to settle for scraps others dont wont....

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have:

1) OMCBA gyp (Streak's Mtn Laurel)

1) Mullins Feist gyp (Skylines Little Gidget)

1) Mullins Stock Feist male (Skylines Red October - Toby)

1) Mullins Stock Fiest gyp (Skylines Wilhelmena - Sister to Toby)

2) Mullins Stock Feist female pups that Im in the process of getting rid of (half sisters to Toby and Mena and are out of Gidget)

Then my Mother has 1) Mullins Stock Fiest gyp (dam to Toby and Mena) and my Daddy has 1) Mullins Stock Feist male (sire to Toby, Mena and the two pups) and he also has 1) Louisiana Catahoula

Oh, and I have 1) wanna be squirrel dog that looks like a Lhasa Apso and thinks she is a wolf!!! :biggrin:

Rachel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.