Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a coyote crossing the road in about the same place about a dozen times ove the last few weeks and was wondering how to go after it. I never have hunted for them specifically but just taken shots when the presented themselves. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
There are a lot of guys on here who know more about it than i do. But i have called in a few. I would say if you have access to the land where he is crossing, set up and call to him. Dress in full camo from face down cause if he comes in he will be looking for you. Also be ready cause it can happen very fast. I like a pasture, field, or gasline but if you don;t have that i would set up close to a thicket where he may be bedding with the shotgun and cut loose on a rabbit in distress call. They make all kinds of calls and you can take your choice. Somedays they may react to one call and have nothing to do with the others. Distressed Cottontail is my favorite though. Good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
884 Posts
IF he's crossing in the same spot, I might just wait him out and call after you shoot that one, theres prolly more in that area. I've called several in with a turkey call before. You can also manipulate a mouth call to sound like a dying rabbitt. good luck :up:

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
Forget the call just get in a tree on the NF where he's traveling far enough legally from the road aabout an hour before your normally seeing him and WAIT... then BOOM no more yote... :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.