Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,752 Posts
The ones that had been seeded less than a month came on pretty good:

Pasture Grass Grassland Land lot Natural landscape

The ones that had been seeded over a month required some overseeing in the bare or light areas - but even those are filling in now:
Land lot Property Sky Natural landscape Natural environment

Planted right around 25 acres - a new record for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'd have to say I'm quite pleased! Turns out rain helps... Late October works for me! I don't have a lot of pics yet, but here are two of them. I've got 4 acres total. Clover and turnips are small, but my favorite (winter wheat) and the oats are doing great! I'll add pics later of what they looked like Oct. 26th. It was sad (2 of them anyway).

Grass Lawn Pasture Grassland Land lot
Lawn Grass Natural landscape Land lot Natural environment

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here is one of ours. Pic is a week old. About a 2 acre plot. Planted about 5 acres total. Seeded with turnips and radishes Sept 8th and got a light rain shortly after that got most of it up. It then didn't rain good again for 3 weeks. We then overseeded with wheat around first of October and got several good rains since. The radishes did much better than the turnips but both grew in nicely. Most is 6-12 inches and deer are hammering it.
Natural landscape Grass Green Grassland Land lot

Attachments

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts

Mostly turnips, wheat coming on. Planted a seed mix Labor Day and got one good rain then dry until October. Over seeded some wheat then. Coming along ok considering the weather factors against it early on.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Planted early October just before rain. Heavy winter wheat drug in with 13-13-13. Then cultipacked and top seeded with imperial clover. Looks like a golf course. If I find the time to spray weeds in late spring and hit with another dose of fertilizer this years clover planting are gonna be awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.