Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
41,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasnt too good for us.

I didnt think we were ever gonna get a rabbit up and when they finally did, the run was pitiful. He went about 75 yards and into a scrap metal pile. It probably took the dogs close to 10 minutes just to trail him that far. :frown:

The ground was frozen and the wind was blowing so thats what Im gonna blame it on.

We hunted about 4 hours and jumped two rabbits and only killed one of em.

Hope yall did better than we did.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We went to a Island on the Lake, dogs seem like they couldn't keep the rabbit up. They would jump one and run till they lost it and couldn't pick it back up. We got four but it took all day to do that! Don't know if we had too many dogs or not, only had 10 with us!! Oh well going back this weekend and try it again!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just got some new dogs and me and my buddies went Sat., early morning sucked the dogs just trailed around and couldnt get one up but about 10 am it was like someone turned on the switch and the dogs started jumpin em left and right. Four of em holed up but we killed 5 from 10-2, I thought we had a pretty good day and I was very excited about how my new dogs worked out, cant wait for this weekend, just got another dog and she is suppost to be a stim winer, Im excited:clap:. Good luck to yall next weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.