Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did everyone's day go? I ran the half for the first time and had a alright day. Loved running in the conditions though! Great atmosphere.

·
Registered
21,924 Posts
Leah won it again - which is amazing because last year she completely tore her hamstring and wasn't running until what, 7 months ago?

for anyone who got caught in the heavy run UGGHHH !!

·
Registered
21,924 Posts
her 50 miler is what blew me away IIRC she said in an interview her last mile of that was like a 6:10 pace

Willard, Missouri, April 28. Leah Thorvilson of Little Rock, Arkansas posted the fourth fastest women's 50-mile time in US history, clocking a 6:00:31 time in winning the Frisco Railroad Run outright. The course, which is USATF certified, is on a former railroad right of way, and is fine-crushed hard-packed gravel over slightly rolling terrain. Only Ann Trason, Donna Perkins and Marcy Schwam have run faster. Trason's 5:40:18 in 1991 is the US and World Record.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
5,224 Posts
Our neighbor ran the half marathon in less than two hours.
We are proud of her
Wife ran it last year, but healing from a broken stress fracture in her foot right now

·
Member<br>You Can't Change This Side
533 Posts
It was my 1st 1/2. It was fun, but I almost froze the last 2 miles, literally. Shorts and a wetshirt are a recipe for hypothermia, and I was on my way. I thanked God for the space blankets! I beat my goal by 2 minutes and 1 second. It was a great atmosphere!

I had a buddy do it in 1:37

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It was COLD! Finished another 1/2 marathon without injury or hypothermia; so that's a win. Hated it for those folks who didn't get to finish but most of Reggie's cronies completed their races. After these last two, 2015 will have to be warmer.

Congrats to all the competitors.

R2G

·
Registered
196 Posts
This was my first marathon and I finished in 3:59:49, which was under my goal of 4 hrs. I ran with my pacer the entire way and really did not struggle until I stopped! Then I didn't have the strength to get out of the rain. I was miserably cold; my pacer barely had enough clothes on to be legal. I don't know how she done it.

Very enjoyable race, I believe that I am hooked.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts