Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the posts regarding the happenings of stands "owned" by members who left the lease/membership, I saw interesting tid bits of other lease rules. Particularly new membership stand placement. My question to all you is "how close is too close?". If a new member chooses a location within 100 yards from an existing members stand, is that too close? How about 150 yards? Or 200 yards? What is considered to be far enough?

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
For me if somebody if setting up in an area I'm in. I guess it would depend if we were bowhunting or gun hunting, the cover, the terrain, how and when they went to that stand. I couldn't give ya no set distance.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
our camp used to be 100 yards from anothers stand. But thats when we ran dogs. We did away with the dogs and changed it to every 200 yards soo yea even 200 is fairly close but far enough i would be somewhat comfortable with it

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
When I first came back after getting out of the service, one of my buddys would bow hunt with me...I always liked to be close enough to him to make hand signals[it was before text messaging:razz:] so for years that's how we bowhunted. It was great, because when one saw a deer, he could signal the other....if one shot a deer, the other might have a vantage point that facilitated finding the kill. We camped together, hunted together, and basic-ly were a team. Then he took of with a woman and that was that. I still try to achieve that kind of a pardnership with my grown sons, but it never is the case. I miss it, but I can do fine alone. If I was on a lease...it might be a different story: If I couldn't see you...it wouldn't make any difference. :up:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ambush

I used to bow hunt with two fellows. We'd set up a classic L shaped ambush on a trail , feeder etc. It was not unusual to have two or three shots within minutes of each other. Max distance was 30 yards apart !!
I don't trust anyone with a gun anymore.

When I first came back after getting out of the service, one of my buddys would bow hunt with me...I always liked to be close enough to him to make hand signals[it was before text messaging:razz:] so for years that's how we bowhunted. It was great, because when one saw a deer, he could signal the other....if one shot a deer, the other might have a vantage point that facilitated finding the kill. We camped together, hunted together, and basic-ly were a team. Then he took of with a woman and that was that. I still try to achieve that kind of a pardnership with my grown sons, but it never is the case. I miss it, but I can do fine alone. If I was on a lease...it might be a different story: If I couldn't see you...it wouldn't make any difference. :up:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
I used to bow hunt with two fellows. We'd set up a classic L shaped ambush on a trail , feeder etc. It was not unusual to have two or three shots within minutes of each other. Max distance was 30 yards apart !!
I don't trust anyone with a gun anymore.
Quite an enjoyable method....eh?:up:

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
If a new member chooses a location within 100 yards from an existing members stand, is that too close?
Yes.

How about 150 yards?
Yes.

Or 200 yards?
Yes.

What is considered to be far enough?
Far enough that your hunting or walking to and from stand or scent will not effect the deer movements of your hunting buddies. Honestly, anything closer is too crowded and dangerous at times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.