Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
17,239 Posts
We had them in Eureka Springs for a while, but they just died out. They all moved down to Lake Leatherwood and just died there.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I thought 200-250 as well. A guy that does a lot of hog hunting looked at these and thought the big black and red were both in the 350# range for reference. I saw the black one at 300 yds this year opening day rifle and thought it was a bear when I first saw it.
Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Grass
Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Grass

·
Premium Member
17,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good sized boar hog. I would guess 200/250. At least he is there in the day time. Not sure how much the feeder is putting out. Sometimes hogs take a fair bit of feed to make them regular
Feeder has been empty for couple months, just a pretty natural travel route.

On a friend's relatively new place. He's killed a couple smaller ones, but this is the biggest he's seen.

·
Premium Member
23,143 Posts
I thought 200-250 as well. A guy that does a lot of hog hunting looked at these and thought the big black and red were both in the 350# range for reference. I saw the black one at 300 yds this year opening day rifle and thought it was a bear when I first saw it. View attachment 357264 View attachment 357264
I’ve killed and weighed even more not many wild ones over 300. Don’t get me wrong they exist just don’t see a lot of them.

·
Premium Member
17,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So some where from 145 to 325. Lol!

Safe to assume judging a Hog on the hoof is hard?

Plan to get after them late this summer/early fall. Maybe we can get this one on some scales.

·
Premium Member
29,438 Posts
Hogs are tough to judge. They vary in weight a lot more than deer. I have weighed three deer in the past 40 years that weighed 200, 200, and 225. I have probably weighed four or five hogs in the past 12 months that weighed between 200 and 225. Weighed one at 240. That is out of maybe 60 or 70 that I have killed in the past year - and I also shoot the biggest I see. There are long hogs, there are thick hogs, there are fat hogs - although usually not many fat boars. Not so much at in the day, but my tactacam night time pics tend to make them look smaller than they really are. I dont weigh them all by any means - but weigh almost all the bigger ones. I wouldnt doubt I have kill over 1000. A few years ago, killed 153 in six months - but probably wasnt but four or five worthy of weighing. Biggest I have weighed was 338. Next was 278. No more over 250.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts