Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for another squirrel dog and not having luck finding a cur or feast. Although I did find a Yr old feast beagle mix. So should I get a hound or the mixed pup?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I see lots of curs and feist for sale but I guess it depends on how far you're willin to travel or ship. Some people use hounds for squirrel I'd say go for it

·
Banned
8 Posts
I have a litter of pups out of a(STREAK MALE&A DAGGER FEMALE 2MALE&5FEMALE ,2YELLOW MALE 1YELLOW FEMAIL 2 YELLOW BRINDLE FEMALE&2BRINDLE/WITH WHITE TRIM) $150.00 each (CALL ANY TIME PH #501-724-4604)THANK YOU &HAVE A BLESS DAY.

Sent from my iPad using Arkansas Hunting

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I had a beagle fiest mix pup once. Took him to the woods when he was 6 months old the first time. Shot a gray squirrel in the back end with a shotgun and it fell right on the pup and still pretty lively. He bit all the way through the pups nose and I had to grab the squirrel and squeeze him to death to get him off the dog. That dog treed the next 6 squirrels we saw and barked and tried to chew the tree down. He was a heck of a squirrel dog. I didn't get to keep him. The other pups out of the litter made either tree or rabbit dogs. I wouldn't be afraid to try one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you do go with a hound get a Sunkist Bred English or a tight mouthed walker dog you will have better luck on Squirrels with those types of dogs In my honest opinion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts