Here's what I used, how I put it together and some results... Materials (makes 2): One 55 gallon plastic barrel (tight-head) One 33 gallon plastic barrel (tight-head) Four 17 inch 2x4's for legs for each feeder Two 12 inch 2x4's for leg spreaders for each feeder One 24 inch 2x4's for leg runners for each feeder Two 26 ½ inch 2x4's for trough support for each feeder Two 42 inch 2x4's for roof support for each feeder Screws I had on hand One can Krylon Fusion Black Flat One can Krylon Fusion Hunter Green Satin I paid about $40 at Drumco for the barrels, I don't remember what the paint cost and I had the 2x4's. I sawed both barrels in half with a circular saw and screwed 2x4's to the 33 gal barrel to make the trough supports. Then I screwed the legs, spreaders and runners to the trough supports. The 55 gal barrel is a little taller (longer) than the 33, so I screwed a 2x4 block to the outside of each upper roof support and then screwed the 55 gal roof to the supports so that the opening between the trough and the roof was approximately 2 feet. I then painted the barrels with the black paint. When that was dry, I made some camo stripes with the green to break up the outline of the barrels. As you can see in the pictures, the deer cleaned them out so I guess they didn't mind the paint job. I've heard that regular spray paint doesn't stick too well to plastic and the Fusion is supposed to stick good. When I bought the paint, the green satin was the closest Wal-Mart had in stock to a good camo color in Fusion. If I were to do it again, I might try the regular flat olive drab and brown over the black Fusion. The satin turned out a little too shiny for my taste. The paint survived sliding in the truck to and from camp and being rubbed by deer on the edge of the trough without coming off too bad. I didn't have a camera pointed at either feeder that was out this season (I'll be correcting that next year) but I was in the stand when a tall 3 point had a snack. He had no trouble getting his antlers inside the roof. I poked some holes in the bottom of the trough with an icepick to try and drain any water that might get in the trough. While it drained well at the house, the rice bran completely clogged the drains when it got wet. The roof really only protects the trough from straight above (and doesn't do a great job of that). I had one feeder set back in the brush/trees much better than the other and the sheltered feeder stayed much dryer (another note for next year). Each feeder holds about 75 pounds of rice bran if you heap it high. The first time I filled them, I took 100 pounds for each. I mounded all that I could in the trough and spread the rest around. Here are the two feeders on October 10th, ready to go to the woods on the 17th. Here are the two feeders three weeks later on November 8th, #1 was the feeder set back in the brush. I refilled the feeders on 11/8 and here is the only other picture I remembered to take – November 13th. Let me know what you think.