Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a commercial the other day for a bow cam that basically screws in where your stabilizer is and records your shot. I had seen some videos on youtube of people with bow cams and thought that it'd be neat. After checking the prices, i did a double take. $400 for a cam just for your bow? After i got done hunting yesterday i decided to tinker and make my own. I had a Sony S40 4.1 megapixel camera that i have for a spare deer cam, so i took a tripod mount from my old tree mount that i haven't used in a while and drilled 2 holes on each end and then used zipties to attach it to my balancer. No deer today, but i had a arrow with a broadhead that i messed up shooting at a coyote on wednesday, so i decided to try to take a squirrel at 25 yards and film it. I missed by fractions of an inch, but got to try out the cam anyway. Not bad @ $25 for an ebay camera and $0.10 worth of zipties. :clap: (video quality was reduced due to size, but you get the picture) You can barely make out the squirrel in between the 2 trees in the center of the frame.

http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/saxonjon/?action=view&current=bowcam.flv

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
To made it a bit more solid I would recommend some of those metal "D" brackets. That would snug it down a bit more and keep it from sliding.

**edit**

Nevermind, I just looked at the pics of the setup. I doubt those would work with that sort of stabilizer. The zip ties would more than likely work better since they go between the ridges. Looks awesome!

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, you can see it vibrate for a split second after the shot. I have the string arrestor (cant remember what its called) so the vibration dies real quick, with some of it being absorbed by the stabilizer. I'll take another video where i dont swing the bow away. I dont know what i was thinking. :smack: Hopefully it'll be on a deer, but i saw a few skeeters that i coulda taken a shot at tonight. Good grief!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,582 Posts
Yeah, you can see it vibrate for a split second after the shot. I have the string arrestor (cant remember what its called) so the vibration dies real quick, with some of it being absorbed by the stabilizer. I'll take another video where i dont swing the bow away. I dont know what i was thinking. :smack: Hopefully it'll be on a deer, but i saw a few skeeters that i coulda taken a shot at tonight. Good grief!
A camera with the "steadyshot" feature would really help the outcome....really a good idea though:up:

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After you have uploaded it, just click on the "Direct Link". Dont use HTML code link. Then paste the direct link and the board will make it a link for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.