Homebuilt Duckbill

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by Edge650, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Edge650

Edge650 Well-Known Member

Thinking of building a duckbill for my boat, anybody got pics of homemade duckbills?

2. Razorback123

Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

Putting a duck bill on an edge? Why would ya wanna do that? I'm just curious, I have one but don't get what it would do for ya

3. Edge650

I like the convenience of the handles and lights being protected under bill. The built in handles make it easy when dragging the boat thru shallow water, no where to get a grip on the front of my edge. Why do say "putting a duckbill on an edge"?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  4. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

You can have Tim weld a couple of handles on just inside the bow. I ordered mine with some and they are awesome for dragging the boat. Also good to tie rope off to.

5. Edge650

Yea I've thought about welding the handles on the inside, can you get a good grip with them there?

6. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I will post a picture of mine later today. They allow you to lift the front of the boat up also, so it is easier to drag over a log or something.

7. Edge650

Ok thanks. That would be easier and cheaper!

8. Razorback123

I'm just saying that I don't think that it would be worth all the trouble when like green head said you can add some handles inside. I have an edge and I just think it would kinda look odd with a duck bill IMO you could prove me wrong though

9. Edge650

I Understand where your coming from! The thought of it being fugly has crossed my mind, but functionality is what I'm after. Probably try the handles first.

10. Razorback123

I kinda want handles on mine too after dragging my boat the past couple of days! I got headlights and those have been serving as my handholds. But u mean handles would be better!

11. Edge650

Yea same here been using my lights for my handles too!

12. Edge650

Yea prolly going to try those out. Prolly just going to bolt them on.