Holy Crap!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by woodsnwater, Dec 27, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Now I know why I have not been hunting in the mornings. It's friggin cold. I sat in my blind until 8am and got to thinking about a pot of coffee. I don't they'll really move a whole lot this cold. I'll go back this afternoon. Put out some more bran and maybe corn. This cold, I am moving my blind there in the thicket. Heck, I may not be able to pull my bow back.:shrug:

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

At 7am it was 14 Degrees, stay warm:up:

Yesterday my wife and I went out and tried our hand at hunting we sat there till 9:30 with the windchill it made it feel like 20. Never did see anything though.

3. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

It was 16 with a windchill of 5 when I got up this morning. To cold for me, but if you can stand it they'll move in it. I just dont care enough about killing one to subject myself to that kind of punishment anymore. Good luck!

4. coonnutz

I would do it if I had a heater:up:

5. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

The colder the better:up: Deer need to move more to stay warm during the cold weather. Deer will eat more during cold weather to stay warm:up: Find those bedding areas close to food in cold weather and you will find the deer.

Carl

6. woodsnwater

Well I can feel my feet and hands now. Gonna wake step son up for practice and I am gonna put out some more bran and my NEW vanilla spray on some vines. I'll go after it again this afternoon.

7. coonnutz

Good luck to you, and keep us posted on how you do:up: I'm stuck at work today:down:

8. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator

Had 3 slip by at 9. No buck tags and I couldn't be positive that the one that stopped wasn't a button. My little heater has it up to 72 now in the box stand. Guess I'll stay a while longer. Looking for a big ole doe to introduce a 12 gauge slug to! Wish I had brought some food!

9. coonnutz

I would have killed for a heater yesterday morning:smack: Good luck to you:up:

10. SR4

A guy needs one in this weather. I been threatening to buy one of those coleman single burners at walmart. Sit it under my seat in a stand or in a blind and itd make a world of difference.

11. coonnutz

Yep to be able to reach down and warm the ole fingers up, it would make a world of difference:up:

12. woodsnwater

Well, I guess it's go time. I set blind up in a thicket. No trees big enough for a climber.

13. SKEETER

SKEETER Well-Known Member

NE AR
    Take a boat up and down Black River on Dave Donaldson, it looks like a crime seen. Especially after the muzzle loader permit hunt.

14. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

Only way I'm out in this cold is with a heater. Too many nice days to hunt

15. SR4

It's suppose to warm up in a few days. I'll get out and about then.