Holland Bottoms ?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bhsm, Dec 6, 2012.

1. bhsm

bhsm Well-Known Member

NLR
    Have any of you guys that hunt Holland Bottoms ever had any vandalism problems with your vehicle?

I live in Jacksonville and am thinking about doing some bow hunting out there. I drove through around
    the lake and across the tracks and seemed like there were a lot of people out there that weren't there
    for the hunting. Just wondering if ya'll had ever encountered any thieving or any other problems out there?

Thanks

2. Bryan Manning

Bryan Manning Well-Known Member

I have hunted there a lot and have never had a problem. But I wouldn't say that it wouldn't happen sometimes some questionable folks can hang out back there. I wouldn't leave anything in the back of my truck while I was hunting.

3. amg88

amg88 Well-Known Member

Nope been probably over 20 times

4. Hip

Hip Well-Known Member

knock on wood, i never have, but i know they have a problem with druggies and ummmmm male bonding going on out there at times .

5. Afalex1

Afalex1 Well-Known Member

Cabot
    I've squirrel hunted there few times. I never had any issues with my vehicle. I had some cops checking it out when I was coming out of the woods once.

I asked them what was wrong and they said nothing. They run plates of vehicles there looking for stolen ones. The cop and I talked a while. He said they had a problem with druggies and homosexuals in public.

When it starts to get dark, get out of there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

6. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

I've heard bad things about Parking off Graham road. Never had an issue when I parked by the lake or further in.

7. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It has been several years since I have hunted there.
    I always parked by the lake and I had no problems. I was not out there after dark though.

8. Hey guys,

I am new to the Little Rock Area. I am headed out to Holland Bottoms tomorrow to try some squirrel hunting. Any tips or suggestions you have for the area are welcome. Not looking for your honey hole, just the lay of the land. Thanks ahead of time.

9. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

Park by the lake and head over the tracks. There are tons of oak everywhere back there. I always hunt the creek, but last week that wasn't so good. They've been hunted hard through there, though. I would head to the north side of the creek and hunt diagonal through that stretch of woods. Good luck.