Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone duck hunted this WMA? Looking for less crowded places for next year. Thought this place could potentially be good.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
There is some private ground, a rest area, and a lake that holds a few ducks but the woods never hold water. After the huge rain we had last season the woods flooded for a couple days but it drains too fast. There is one spot smack in the middle where some creeks come together and the beavers keep it flooded and a guy could kill some ducks back there but good luck getting to it. I live real close and have tried everything to get in there. Not worth it. These other guys are yankin your chain. Promise.

·
Banned
1,295 Posts
There is some private ground, a rest area, and a lake that holds a few ducks but the woods never hold water. After the huge rain we had last season the woods flooded for a couple days but it drains too fast. There is one spot smack in the middle where some creeks come together and the beavers keep it flooded and a guy could kill some ducks back there but good luck getting to it. I live real close and have tried everything to get in there. Not worth it. These other guys are yankin your chain. Promise.
Locals trying to protect their ground!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hunted there a lot a few years ago when I first got into hunting. Most mornings it was just a few woodies and maybe a gaddy or a mallard or two. Never really much but when it flooded after a large rain I did manage to shoot two limits with another friend of mine. One of those "once in a blue moon" kinda things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hunted and scouted there 4 times this past season. Walked in from the bridge. Only shot 4 woodies and even hunted the large off shoots. Did push up 100 mallards but never did see where they got up from.

·
Registered
815 Posts
the crowd is terrible. but I managed several limits of woodies and a few limits of mallards out there this year. you'll have to do A LOT of walking

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hunted there this last season2x

Long walk in to get to a good spot with water.... Had quite a few duck flying around. Had a lot of shooting just behind us. I think total we killed 3 between both hunts. Idk if I would go back just because packing in all that gear sucked. But hey it's duck hunting so..... And I live hour and half away so I am not trying to be a local that is trying to run you off. Just being honest from my 2 hunt this last season.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I've hunted some private land right next to it and did well. I know that doesn't help you learn much about the WMA but there did seem to be several birds in the area.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Never hunted it, but I used to live in Beebe and scouted it a little. Its kinda like Holland Bottoms in that it takes a MAJOR rain to really flood it and then that water only lasts a couple days. Its probably good for those few days but it wouldn't be a place you could hunt a lot. Don't mean to keep raining on your parade but I've been there and done that with the smaller wmas around this area. Just nothing consistent until you get into the more popular areas that are managed for waterfowl. Kinda sucks because of all the pressure on those places but that's public land duck hunting these days. Pm me if you want more info on the places closest to us that I think are consistent. But remember it'll only be one man's opinion...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts