Arkansas Hunting banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Well, fine. If this is the year we lose most of 'em, then let the world get crazy and let MS State win the SEC. We'll recruit. I believe that. But we sure do need some studs.
Heck.....every year is when we lose..."most of 'em". Sure agree we need some studs, we seem to be playing against teams that must be loaded with them...

·
Registered
23,677 Posts
Heck.....every year is when we lose..."most of 'em". Sure agree we need some studs, we seem to be playing against teams that must be loaded with them...
Of course they are. Top ten, top 15, recruiting rankings usually have at least 4-5 SEC West teams ahead of us...........and BTW, ahead of everyone else too.

We need to get those kids, instead of them. That's what I think will ultimately happen. Did you think Georgia's linemen were great? Didn't Pittman recruit them?

·
Premium Member
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
It starts with the line gentlemen.....

While improved....its still Chad Morris philosophy of small and fast....

Another 1 or 2 seconds of pocket protection or a hole big enough for boyd to squeeze through would go a LONG way......

Boyd has shown flashes.....he is serviceable.....and he didn't forget how to run....so that leaves only no holes to get through

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Of course they are. Top ten, top 15, recruiting rankings usually have at least 4-5 SEC West teams ahead of us...........and BTW, ahead of everyone else too.

We need to get those kids, instead of them. That's what I think will ultimately happen. Did you think Georgia's linemen were great? Didn't Pittman recruit them?
Well, I'm not blaming this on Pittman, he hasn't been head coach here for 5 years. It was evidently easier for Pittman to recruit to Georgia, than it's going to be here. He's a head coach now, he won't just be responsible for the linemen, it will be the whole team....& we need help on the whole team. Of course we need to get those better kids to sign here, that was the point of my posts about recruiting & competing in the SEC. Georgia is not the only SEC team that's been beating us....everyone has. That's why we haven't won a conference game in.....years.

·
Registered
23,677 Posts
Yep. Good points. I just believe in his recruiting abilities. We haven't recruited in years. Saban is about as old as I am. He can't go forever. One day we will be recruiting with the best of 'em. But not this year. And probably not next. But I DO look for a couple of "wow" commitments.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Well, Arkansas is never going to finish at the top of the recruiting rankings, so you have to find a coach that is able to do more with less. You can say what you want about Petrino and his personal problems, but his crootin classes were never all that highly ranked yet he had the program winning more than it had in a long time and put several Hogs in the NFL until that fateful April day. Hopefully Pittman can figure out a way to get it done.

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I’ll ask the important questions I guess.

Was BLM promoted with letters on field/Jerseys ?

Did they knell during the National Anthem and or play the black national anthem?

Or did they just go to commercial break during the anthem?

·
Registered
6,430 Posts

Did they knell during the National Anthem and or play the black national anthem?

They had a little tab that said "Equality" on their jerseys. Other than that, idk.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Boyd has shown flashes.....he is serviceable.....and he didn't forget how to run....so that leaves only no holes to get through
Shown flashes? Serviceable? He's one of the best RB's the Hogs have ever had; he's just been stuck in one of the worst (if not THE worst) eras of Razorback football. Almost 1,300 total yards last season despite getting less than 20 touches per game; average of 7 yards per touch. Like you said.....no holes to get through. And the few times there were, UGA's speed closed them quickly. Even on the passes to him they were on him before he could turn upfield.

·
Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord
29,628 Posts
I found out the got crap hammered.
No wonder some folks are so touchy and nobody would tell me the score.

·
Premium Member
14,598 Posts

Couldn’t pay me to watch that crap now. To each there own though. Just not for me anymore

221 - 240 of 241 Posts