Hogs vs Dawgs

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by Remington, Sep 24, 2020.

1. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

East End
    D looks much improved
    O looked pretty bad, but Georgia’s D is good
    We may get curb stomped in a few games
    We may actually win a few too

2. Indy2Ark

Indy2Ark Well-Known Member

First time in several years we came out playing like we actually wanted to win the game. The much better team finally got it together and beat the crap out of us, but the defense swarming to the ball is something I haven’t witnessed in atleast 5 years.

WillyB71, Ange, R6mm and 4 others like this.

3. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ravenden
    Pittman post game

4. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

East End
    Also, one reason the D looked good was because of bad/inexperienced qb play from Georgia, but at least they looked like they knew what to do, unlike past years. They got worn down because the offense could not stay on the field.

The offense has to get better. I wasn’t impressed with the play calling and the line was weak.

MS St went to Death Valley and hung 44 on them while winning by 10. Leach’s offense looked really good. I don’t think we fare too well when we play them.

5. mb1991

mb1991 Well-Known Member

LSU lost a TON of players due to draft last year and have been ravaged by COVID this fall which had caused a lot of problems in their preparations. They are way overrated.

Georgia may very well have best defense in nation. Hogs gave me hope today. There is some Talent on both sides of the ball! Defense really surprised me! Only really gave up 21 points to the bulldogs when their average starting position was nearly midfield!

6. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Well, we've improved from last year, hard to tell how much in just one game. Our defense really looked solid the first half. After they put that other QB in, he turned that around. Our offense looked pretty bad, we still need a really good QB. Our running game was almost non-existent. Our kick coverage is not good. Their returner's were eating up big chunks of yardage, too often. After watching Miss St. today, I'd say we'll have to up our game a bit. Leach is a very good offensive coach.

7. Indy2Ark

Indy2Ark Well-Known Member

Didn’t MSU put up almost 700 yards in offense against the reigning National Champions?

Remington likes this.
  8. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Not sure if I remember correctly.....but I believe it was over 600 yds. passing

9. blake101307

blake101307 Well-Known Member

As bad as razorback defense has looked over the last few years its hard to measure just how bad or ok they might actually be cause they stay on the field way to long. Offense is whats hurt Arkansas football the most to me. If all things in football aren't clicking then it will show up in 4 quarters of football. Can't put a whole game on just 1 units back and expect anything good from it.

10. Kodiac

Kodiac Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Was this a moral victory? Sigh...

HuntHigh likes this.
  11. Ange

Ange Well-Known Member

Decades of upper level mismanagement.....

jackie53 likes this.
  12. Ange

Ange Well-Known Member

The Pirate now has SEC talent. Look out.

R6mm and jackie53 like this.
  13. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    I’m still a Hawg fan and was surprised by the 1st half. Still knew we didn’t have much of a chance to pull it off.

I’ll say it again, just make improvements from game to game. To expect a .500 season is ridiculous.

jackie53 likes this.
  14. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    Many will come to understand “ the air raid offense”.......we will be next.

Remington and Ange like this.
  15. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Afraid you are correct. Heard Pittman say the 2nd QB Georgia put out there .....was 20 for 29 against us. Believe Miss St. throws the ball even better. A couple of those wide receivers Leach has, reminds me of the caliber Alabama is always turning out.

Quack addict, jackie53 and Remington like this.
  16. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    ...& poor SEC level recruiting. You don't lose 15-20 straight (or whatever big number) conference games, with decent recruiting. We're not gonna be competitive in the SEC, until we get better at that.

jackie53 and Ange like this.
  17. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Amen

18. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Well, fine. If this is the year we lose most of 'em, then let the world get crazy and let MS State win the SEC. We'll recruit. I believe that. But we sure do need some studs.

R6mm likes this.
  19. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Heck.....every year is when we lose..."most of 'em". Sure agree we need some studs, we seem to be playing against teams that must be loaded with them...

20. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Of course they are. Top ten, top 15, recruiting rankings usually have at least 4-5 SEC West teams ahead of us...........and BTW, ahead of everyone else too.

We need to get those kids, instead of them. That's what I think will ultimately happen. Did you think Georgia's linemen were great? Didn't Pittman recruit them?