Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking with this sleet and crap on the ground now might be a good time to go check it out and see if I can find a hog, anybody have any starting points? What weapons are legal to hunt with right now?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Had to double check it. Yep on the **** hunting at night but beaver hunting is over but you can still trap them.

Raccoon
Hunting:
Sunset, July 1, 2013-sunrise, Aug. 31, 2013. Night hunting only. Dogs required, limit four.
Sunrise, Sept. 1, 2013-sunset, Feb. 28, 2014. Day or night hunting. Dogs are required for hunting at night. Limit four per day.
March 1-31, 2014. Night hunting only. Dogs required. No limit.
Trapping: Sunrise, Nov. 9, 2013-sunset, Feb. 28, 2014. No bag limit.

Muskrat, Nutria and Beaver

Hunting: Sunrise Sept. 1, 2013-sunset, Feb. 28, 2014. Day hunting only. No bag limit.
Trapping: Sunrise, Nov. 9, 2013-sunset, March 31, 2014. No limit.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Species:Beaver;Muskrat;Nutria
Zones:Statewide
Opens:9/1/2013 Sunrise
Closes:3/31/2014 Sunset
Shooting Hours:30 Minutes Before Sunrise Until 30 Minutes After Sunset
Limits:
No limit.*
More:
Dogs allowed.
Day hunting only.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Be sure to voice your opinion on AGFC web site for next year they are trying to close hog hunting on some WMA's because trapping is better. I've hunted areas were they had traps and I think if they put bait in there it would work better. I hunt big lake and the guy that was baiting traps retired 2yrs ago and that was the last time the trap was baited. The hogs still come and check for food.

·
Registered
132 Posts
And you must use whatever method of kill is allowed for whatever is in season. Not sure I'd want to strike out after hogs with a 22. Not sure what you can use for beaver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts