hogs on camp

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by RL, Dec 30, 2010.

1. RL

RL Well-Known Member

:thumb:anyone been seeing any hogs on camp i saw a lot of sign early but have not seen any in awhile i would really like to put a muzzy in one

2. bigworm

bigworm Well-Known Member

here is a way to getcha one. you may have tried this before. it works for me. pick a place where you are seein some hog sign in a spot that will allow you to quietly slip in with the wind in your face. take some post hole diggers and dig 3 or 4 holes about 3 feet deep. fill them with corn and spread a little corn around the area. they will be there at daylight. they will root and root to get that corn out of those holes, but they won't get it all before you have let the air out of one of them. just ease in there at first light and i'll betcha they will be there having a ball tryin to get that corn.

3. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

Thats sound purdy wild! And not a bad idea either!

4. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I dont think you can bait on Camp, can you?

5. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

It's hogs who cares:biggrin:

6. ol bucky

I could careless if someone does. I was just wondering :thumb:

7. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I think that only applies for WMA. You can on private property. If I read it right.

8. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Sorry Bucky I was being sarcastic,yes you cannot bait on Camp or any other WMA........seems like that would make an exception for hawgs though:biggrin:

9. ol bucky

Oh no need to be sorry man. I agree with the exception for hogs. In a perfect world they would let you kill them with whatever whenever and they would have a bounty on them. But, its not a perfect world.:shrug:

10. ol bucky

He was asking about camp

11. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Camp Robinson? Sorry, miss read post. I thought he was talking about deer camp.

12. gene_amatar

gene_amatar Well-Known Member

In which TA did you see the sign ?:head:

13. RL

RL Well-Known Member

sign in ta 10 and 12

14. rabbit

rabbit Well-Known Member

I saw ten in ta 10 2 weeks ago,2 boars 3 sows 5 little ones.put an arrow thru 1 sow but i never found her.they are working the north side of the creek .just find you a dry crossing go thru the thicket to open woods.they have sign every where.kill them all.