Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Spot hogg hunter on Ebay but have not received it in the mail yet any one got one of these and would you recommend the wrap. I hunt thick woods and want to get enough light for the pins to hunt by, from what I can tell you have to remove set screws to mount and would like to set up right the first time. Also which pin size do you prefer for hunting thinking of using .019? :biggrin:

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,135 Posts
Get the wrap! I just put one on my hunter hogg-it and it makes a huge difference. Its easy to install, just follow the instructions. Your gonna love that sight!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it didn't take much convincing I placed an order for the wrap with the .010 pins and cant wait to get it thanks guys for the input. Now anyone using the rheostat light? does it have a adjustment for light value or is it just on or off?

·
Banned
385 Posts
Just goes to show how everyones eyes are different. No magic bullet on this one that works for evrybody across the board.

My experience......I have the Hunter hogg-it also. Had the .29 pins in it when I bought it. Decided to do the wrap retro-fit but thought with more exposed fibers they would be brighter so I got the .19 pins in my wrap kit. installed it and had trouble seeing them, esp. in lower light conditions but it worked well enough that I still shot well just didn't like them as well as the .29's

This past summer I ordered a wrap with the .29 pins in it and have been happy as an outhouse rat. As far as the reostat light.....I have one but really not needed unless you hunt from an enclosed ground blind that blocks out the natrual light from the sun but that's gonna hold true with any sight..:thumb:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Houdini you said the sight was to bright was that the bare sight or did you have wrap on it? I have read in other posts people using black tape on the wrap to lessen the brightness. I think I will steer clear of the light for now don't think I will need it. I have herd they work great for night hog hunts.
Swampimp did you have to change the entire wrap out or is there any way to retro fit pins w/ the wrap if you want to change pin size?

·
Banned
385 Posts
Yes.......I did have to change the entire wrap but, it is my understanding if you call Spot-hogg and order directly from them they will set the pin size and color as you instruct.

I've read on other message boards where dudes have gotten the first 3 pins in .29 fibers and the last 2 in .19's or .19' and .09's etc.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks folks I finaly got it in the mail and have started working with it and that is one nice sight! much beter than anything that I have had in the past I'm glad I spent the extra $ cause I will have this for a long while very happy so far might change pin sizes around later but so far so good. :up:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I called Spot Hogg and ordered a custom built 7-pin Hunter Hogg-it wrapped. I had them install a .019 pin for the first pin and .009 for pins 2-7. I love it. I am 36 years old & I don't ever see me needing to buy another sight

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called Spot Hogg and ordered a custom built 7-pin Hunter Hogg-it wrapped. I had them install a .019 pin for the first pin and .009 for pins 2-7. I love it. I am 36 years old & I don't ever see me needing to buy another sight
I know what you meen I love mine also its by far the best sight I have ever had :biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.