Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am pretty new to the Arkansas wild life. I want to do some hog hunting and had a few questions about it.

1. Can you hunt them just like deer, I do not have dogs nor will I buy any, no room to take care of them. What is the best method?

2. Public land such as Camp Robinson, WMA's can I just go and hunt hogs there, Also on thees lands can you use guns such as 3030 and 3006?

3. Any suggestion's on areas close to little rock that would have allot of hogs?
I want to fill my freezer and can some meat. Any help would be much appreciated.

:flag: Thanks Charlie.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Charlie, welcome to the forum!
For the legal questions, go to the AGFC website. WMA's and Federal land has a lot of different rules. Private land is pretty well wide open for hog hunting (with permission, of course).
I can't help with locations near LR, sorry.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Charlie,
I have been looking for places to hog hunt and deer hunt closer to my area as well. One thing I have found is people don't mind complaining about the "hog problems" in their area but forget about them loosening their lips.
The closest place I can tell you "around LR" would be Saline River bottoms.

·
Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner
2,657 Posts
trapperman1985 - Sir your are absolutely correct there. :frown:

Unless your sitting on a lease with hogs your chances of getting an invite or permission to thin the herd that so many complain about is almost nill, nada, zilch. :smack:

I've got the time, tenacity and the tools to do so but can't seem to beg a way onto a lease or private land. :banghead:

Maybe we should start a business, get a tax number and advertise our services. :head:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.