Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that a lot of the deer huntin' is winding down, it is time for some hog hunting. One problem --- no hogs.

So - here goes again with my annual post to inquire about going hog hunting....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd like to find some hogs myself Battman. Recently, on a squirrel hunting expedition to a section of the St Francis National Forrest called "Stumpy Point" I was pleased and surprised to find hog sign. Guess I'll try my luck there since it's the closest place to home with hogs.

Still, we all know the limitations of hunting hogs on a WMA other then during a permit hunt. This time of year you are limited to bow and arrow or squirrel gear.

Sure would like to find and speak with a land owner who needs some hogs thinned out. My 15-year-old son and I would be happy to oblige.

Anyone out there know any land owners near Stumpy? I think there is a farm nearby called "Young Duck Farm." Maybe I should contact the Lee County court house and see if someone there knows who I should speak with.

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
.22 mag behind the front shoulder or through the ear does it everytime. I haven't tried the .17 yet myself. Of course a bow does wonders on 'em.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have never killed one, been dying to, I have a CZ 22 Mag bolt I figured she'd do the trick in the ear didn't know bout the chest though. I'm gonna hunt out there around Mount Mag & Petit Jean.

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
Go to Ozone. drive down any dirt road, in any direction. Get out of your truck and walk a few hollers.
You'll find hog sign everywhere!

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
searkhogfan/Turkeyhunter/et-al.

Hey guys - it sounds like there are plenty of folks who are interested in a hunt. So i'm trying to keep this thread up near the top....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm headed to Detroit, TX to hunt hogs this weekend at Coyote Creek. My brother won the raffle through Grant County Bowhunters last year and got to take 2 other people for free. We invited 5 other friends to go, so it should be a lot of fun. Will post pics when I get back.

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
I cant wait to hear how it goes in Detroit.
Not to far from my house and some buds and I have been looking to try a new hog ranch for our yearly get-together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts