Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention cowboys / mule skinners,

I bought a gated two year old mule to hunt off of. I am in the process of breaking the mule. I have broken a lot of horses and with two weeks of working with this mule, I believe this mule has better critical thinking skills than any horse I have ever owned. I am very interested in any ideals anyone has on positive training tactics.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
803 Posts
I to have broke lots of horses ,a mule has to be brought along slow and easy make sure that it learns one thing before you move on ,the time spent will make it worth your while.But as with anything there are many ways of doing it. If you take it slow your mule will be a great ride not a major pain in the:censored:

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Just remember that a mule will not do anything if he thinks it will get him hurt. You can not make a mule do anything. He will only do it for you because he trusts you. Take it slow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hunt hogs off mules also , repetition is the key to break a mule.you can not work one a day or two a week , take your time . also a mule matures slower than a horse . payne in the ass mule farm:biggrin:

·
Registered
392 Posts
if you ever get over to calico rock stop at family shoe and drygoods there on mainstreet and talk to jim clinkingbeard about his grandson jody. jody probably has 8 to 10 mules he rides and breaks at most times. he is a very easygoing guy and easy to talk to. if i were trying to break or train a mule he would be the one i would make it a point to talk or possibly ride with him some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts