Arkansas Hunting banner

Hog Hunt Recommendation

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  ozarkhunter 
#1 ·
I've got some guys looking to go on a hog hunt sometime this year. They want to go and be on hogs, so an outfitted hunt, but neither of these guys are rich either. I didnt get into the details with them, but I assume they're hunting with rifles. Anybody got any recommendations?

#4 ·
Do they want to actually hunt them or just shoot some hogs?

This is really a serious question, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$
I understand... They had thought about trying to find some public land hunting, but they decided that they dont want to spend the time and gas money scouting a place to go. They want to go hunt hogs and be on them.

For example, some guys in my office went somewhere south of LR last year, and chased hogs back and forth in a 40 acre pen. I dont think my buddies are looking for anything like that. They want to hunt, but I dont think a decent fence operation would be out of the question.

#9 ·
maybe somebody in south arkansas on the saline would take them, i know some people. What do they want to do? hunt with dogs and stick the hog or shoot?
Maybe somebody sittin right smack dab in the saline river bottoms between Carthage and Leola, named George Houston Riggins:razz::up: I bet Ike can vouch for the old codger:biggrin:he's a good ole man for sure and a great friend!!

#10 ·
maybe somebody in south arkansas on the saline would take them, i know some people. What do they want to do? hunt with dogs and stick the hog or shoot?
I'm not really sure. They both like to coon hunt, so I cant imagine either one would be against hunting with dogs. I dont know if they'd want to stick one or not. They're probably crazy enough.

#11 ·
How far do you want to travel?
They dont want to travel too far. My buddy lives in Jonesboro, and my brother lives in Fayetteville. I'd say anywhere in AR, southern MO, western TN, eastern OK. Maybe the north parts of MS, LA, and TX? Anything within an easy days drive from either place.

I'm probably not going. I'm going on that elk hunt this year, and I dont think the wife would really agree that I need to pay for a hog hunt as well. Also, if the elk hunt goes well, my freezer should be full!

#12 ·
I went to Coyote Creek in Detroit, TX in February. Had a blast. Lots of hogs of all sizes. Do a search on this site for my posts and you can see the pics. The website is: http://www.texashogsandrams.com/home I went to Bowsafari in Coalgate, OK a couple of years ago and had a lot of success their too. It's website is www.bowsafari.com Both are an easy drive and I would recommend either.

#15 ·
Maybe somebody sittin right smack dab in the saline river bottoms between Carthage and Leola, named George Houston Riggins:razz::up: I bet Ike can vouch for the old codger:biggrin:he's a good ole man for sure and a great friend!!
Ya i can vouch for him also but i aint never hunted it, but who do ya think supplies his ranch with hogs:thumb: We sold him alittle over 200 in the last 2 years

#17 ·
Ive hunted Bow Safari once and Shiloh several times and would recomend either one of them.

Shiloh is a little more rustic but youd be hard pressed to find a place with more hogs than they have.

Its just a personal thing with me but Im not going anyplace that has a trophy fee and neither of those places do.

I dont want to be sittin' there aiming and trying to figure out in my head how much more an animal is going to cost me because its considered a "trophy".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.