Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
That just doesnt make a lick of sense to me. I thought the idea was that hogs are bad?
How 'bout 30pts if you bay a hog with your dogs and dont kill it?
I am with you on this one. The AGFC should have on their website a location map of all reported pigs on public lands for their immediate removal and irradication by any method once they are discovered. There should be a couple of wildlife officers on roads nearby giving hunters the general vicinity and a pat on the back before they help the state get rid of these destructive animals.

Personally I think the AGFC likes the idea of having wild hogs, but it isn't the poltically correct position to take.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I am going to be the oddball here......but I think this is a good thing even though its kinda not. I think the AGFC is trying to nip a potential problem in the bud before its get serious. They don't want people on WMA's chasing hogs around while there are others trying to deer hunt. Secondly, they don't have the manpower to chase down these folks, so sticking a high penalty on it in hopes of keeping anyone from trying it. Last thing anyone would want is a couple of guys who don't have a clue to what they are doing running around with dogs trying to catch a hog

You will find that most private land leases/clubs don't allow hog hunting with dogs except during later winter (jan/feb) or during the summer months only too keep the peace.

Eradicating hogs is not going to happen and most people don't want it to happen. Just my :twocents:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am going to be the oddball here......but I think this is a good thing even though its kinda not. I think the AGFC is trying to nip a potential problem in the bud before its get serious. They don't want people on WMA's chasing hogs around while there are others trying to deer hunt. Secondly, they don't have the manpower to chase down these folks, so sticking a high penalty on it in hopes of keeping anyone from trying it. Last thing anyone would want is a couple of guys who don't have a clue to what they are doing running around with dogs trying to catch a hog

You will find that most private land leases/clubs don't allow hog hunting with dogs except during later winter (jan/feb) or during the summer months only too keep the peace.

Eradicating hogs is not going to happen and most people don't want it to happen. Just my :twocents:
IMO, there are 2, They want them or they hate'm!! My grandfather caught 70+ over the last year. He's got 4 traps. The hogs tore up the hay fields so bad he had to disc some spots up. He made sure that every hog he caught was headn to hog heaven when it left his place!! If you know what i mean :cool:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

x2

I don't think any dogs, with the exception of tree rat dogs should be allowed on any public ground---especially coon dogs JMO

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The dogs are not so much the problem as the hunters, as deer hunters we have to adhere to all the rules, such as not taking your ATV off of marked trails but the coon hunters drive their ATV's all over GOD's creation. Whatever it takes to get to those dog's. Then when I show up the next morning to deer hunt guess what---- that's right the deer have been harassed all night! JMO

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.