Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of medical equipment do you carry for your dogs while hog hunting? We were in a situation this past weekend and I felt under-prepared. 6 of 7 dogs got cut. 3 of them were worse than the others. we got on about a 350 lb. hog and he wasted no time going for our dogs. he would not bay, he just charged the dogs and went to work on them. I will try and post the pictures of the dog killer. maybe turkyhunter can help me me post them.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What kind of medical equipment do you carry for your dogs while hog hunting? We were in a situation this past weekend and I felt under-prepared. 6 of 7 dogs got cut. 3 of them were worse than the others. we got on about a 350 lb. hog and he wasted no time going for our dogs. he would not bay, he just charged the dogs and went to work on them. I will try and post the pictures of the dog killer. maybe turkyhunter can help me me post them.

A Medical Staple gun is worth it's weight in Gold in those situations. If you know a Doctor, they can usually get them for you. If they use one Staple out of a gun in the ER, They can't reuse it........

I also keep Betadine, Antibotics, Ibuprofen & Benadryl...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
thanks searkhogfan, i heard using staples compared to stitching the dog has a longer recovery time. i will definitely have some of these supplies next time.

I don't think there's much difference. I staple dogs all the time. Now they'll get Cut sometimes bad enough that Staples won't do the trick. That's when I head to the Vet....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.