Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a corral style figure "6" trap last saturday. Tied the gate wide open to let the hogs get used to going in and out to eat. My question is, I am planning to go down tomorrow, put another bag of corn in the trap and set the trap door. Would it be ok to wait until saturday to check the trap or do I need to check it every day? i know it depends on the strength of my trap but by nature will the hogs be content and feed in the trap until the corn is gone or will they realize they are stuck and start trying to root under the fence?

·
Registered
63 Posts
they will finish off all of the corn (which wont take long) and then they will start trying to find weak points in the trap. if you dont catch a big boar it wont be as big of a deal, but you still really need to check it every day. how big is your trap? if it is bigger than 4 pannels then you REALLY will need to check it every day because they will have area to get running full speed and hit the trap.

·
Banned
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they will finish off all of the corn (which wont take long) and then they will start trying to find weak points in the trap. if you dont catch a big boar it wont be as big of a deal, but you still really need to check it every day. how big is your trap? if it is bigger than 4 pannels then you REALLY will need to check it every day because they will have area to get running full speed and hit the trap.
I used three panels, so it is relatively small. used 15 t posts, about 1 every three feet. Was planning to get a few more posts put in to make it stronger

·
Registered
224 Posts
Get one of the game cameras that sends pics to your phone or computer. Sounds high, but driving every day to check your trap will rack up miles and dollars with the potential for 0 success.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.