Hodgman breathable waders?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by wood duck whacker, Jan 4, 2011.

1. wood duck whacker

wood duck whacker Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the hodgeman breathable waders? Are they warm? Do they hold up to walking through brush?

2. nick83

nick83 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>2014

cabot
    I have some and i have not been cold yet! I dont walk fast because i think they would tear fairly easy but dont know that for sure.

3. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

I don't have any hodgemans, but i have those cheap ones from Academy. I will say they were worth the $70 I spent on them. Warm when you layer, light, and maneuverable. And you won't be sweating after getting up and down like you will in some 1600 Neoprenes.

4. cuppedup

cuppedup Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine says they feel like wearing slacks...... he's correct:thumb:

5. sartorious

sartorious Well-Known Member

I have a pair I bought last year for early season or warm weather hunts. Only wore them once so far.

6. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

They are OK for easy hunting - rice fields and timber. If you are having to walk a long way through the brush, they are nice because they are light and you won't be sweating too bad because they will be torn off your body by the time you get to where you are going.

7. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about hodgman breathables, but the macks breathables are tougher than almost any neoprene wader out there. They are way more comfortable, warmer, and are just as tough. The macks brand feel like they are made out of a cordura material

8. GBacon

GBacon Well-Known Member

my oldest son has a pair and loves them. He has worn the traditional neopreen waders till this season and now he won't wear anything else.

He has never complained about being cold in them. As was mentioned above, layering clothes to fit your style based on the temp is the key.

And about tough. He is as rough on equipment as anyone and has not has a problem with rips or tears "yet".:biggrin:

9. shootemagain

shootemagain Well-Known Member

X2..... I haven't even worn my neoprene waders this year. If it's cold I just layer up underneath and I haven't been cold yet. I won't buy another pair of neoprenes..

.....and they are just like wearin slacks..:whistle:

10. J. Adams

J. Adams Well-Known Member

I love em, they work great for me, Im really into saving time so I just wear mine from the house, drive the truck in em, go in mcswain's, in the cafe for lunch, you never have to come out of them really, like "slacks" is a good call, no question, My wife told me I couldnt wear em for our Christmas party or I probaby would have.

11. Doug Fryer

Doug Fryer Well-Known Member

Man....... I wear mine in the Dodge convienience store in Stuttgart with my duck calls and 4 way parka on all the time.......walk around the parking lot mean muggin everybody.......just so they know I'm a duck hunter. Then I go have my picture made under the "Big Duck at Macks.:up:

12. J. Adams

btw, have you taught your dog to mean mugg?

13. fowlen

fowlen Well-Known Member

what do "slacks" feel like?? i still use my red balls, stocking foot waders, that i got in '86 with a pair of steel shank rubber boots with yellow laces over the stocking foot.. i never get cold. i carry a roll of duck tape for unexpected leaks!

14. J. Adams

come on fowlen, surely you have your old leisure suit you bust out for Christmas parties????

15. fowlen

fowlen Well-Known Member

you know it mr. adams.. and the little moose egg nog drinking glasses.. glad its all over for another year.. my red balls are tight!!!

16. J. Adams

Mr.????? Nice addition...

nice clark....real nice