Arkansas Hunting banner

His light is shining bright

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Eddie Mullins 
#1 ·
I got a stem-winder of a Mt. Cur that Jam gave me a couple of years ago and I've hunted him quite a bit with of Jam and his dogs and he was treeing pretty well with them. The problem was he seemed a little lost if I had him out by his self. Jam kept telling me be patient and just keep putting him in the woods and it'll come to him. I've been chewed out more times than I can count for showing up over there and not have Camo with me. Well I was going to work on my stand yesterday so I loaded the dogs (Camo & Blue) and talked the wife into going to help me keep up with the pup. I've got the pole saw running and can't hear anything and see the wife coming across the pasture at the closest thing to a run as either of us as done in a while to tell Camo's treed. I grabbed the .22 out of the truck and took off. He was hammering, it's a shame with all the leaves I never could find it but there is no doubt in my mind it was there. I think it went up the tree and went to a nest that was just several trees over.

Hate to admit it but Jam might have been right.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.