hip boots

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by CONLEY RICHIE, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CONLEY RICHIE

CONLEY RICHIE Well-Known Member

Most people duck hunt with chest waders I was gonna get some hip boots for trapping.
    Could I use them for duck hunting too. I have never duck hunted before and eventually wanna start

2. Badbassn

Badbassn Premium Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Win

Just get some chest waders you can always roll them down. And if it's cold they will keep you warm

3. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

As long as the water is not deeper than your waders you should be fine.

4. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I have a couple knee-deep potholes that I duck hunt...Sometimes chest waders seem like overkill. Been thinking about getting me a pair.

5. bdgarne

bdgarne Well-Known Member

Waist waders are are pretty good combo. Lacrosse makes some tough ones that aren't as thick as most waders

6. CONLEY RICHIE

CONLEY RICHIE Well-Known Member

Where can I buy some good but affordable chest waders

7. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

X2

In my experience over the years, they typically have the best deals over Gander or Macks

8. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

Find ya some cheap neoprene waders, I bought some on clearance for $25, and cut legs out where you want them. I wear them pumping out pits and deer hunting bottoms when it rains alot. Never had an issue with them staying up by themselves.

9. crackshot82

crackshot82 Moderator Staff Member

Fouke

I just did that to a pair that was leaking in the crotch.
    Some places is not deep and a long walk in. They'll be much easier to walk in.

10. JDP

JDP Member

FT. Thompson pair of Lacrosse hip boots for scouting. They are extremely comfy.