Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
The only bad thing I've heard about them is that they are ugly. If you can get passed that they are supposed to be great.

I've not shot them, but I've handled them and the Kel-tec sub 2000. Honestly I'm leaning toward the kel-tec for several reasons. They feel a lot better in your hands and they accept a 32 round glock mag. The hi-point only goes 10 rounds. They are about a pound lighter than the hi-point and they fold in half and can be carried in a back pack. The only downside of the kel-tec is the lack of a receiver to accept optics. I've heard that they have fixed that though.

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts
The only bad thing I've heard about them is that they are ugly. If you can get passed that they are supposed to be great.

I've not shot them, but I've handled them and the Kel-tec sub 2000. Honestly I'm leaning toward the kel-tec for several reasons. They feel a lot better in your hands and they accept a 32 round glock mag. The hi-point only goes 10 rounds. They are about a pound lighter than the hi-point and they fold in half and can be carried in a back pack. The only downside of the kel-tec is the lack of a receiver to accept optics. I've heard that they have fixed that though.
Yea, ugly

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Bad UGLY......... and real reliable and real inexpensive and real easy to locate ammo for!!!!!!

Ijust wish they would get some real hi-cap mags, and make them available using either S&W 5900 series mags or Glock 17 mags.......

Then the guns would be perfect........ but still UGLY!!!!!

·
Administrator
90,713 Posts
Although I have never shot one, from what I read, they are basically utterly reliable. Gun Test mag did a report on them vs a few higher priced carbines a few years ago, and the Hi-Point came out on top by a wide margin. The only negative I have read about them is like the others have said, they aren't easy on the eyes.

I have a Glock version of the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm. It has had a ton of ammo run through it without a single problem that I can think of. I have a few of the 33 round Glock 9mm mags that I use in it. I also like the way that the KT folds in half, it makes storing and carrying a little easier. From what I have read, the KT is a little more expensive than the Hi-Point. The pistol round carbines make fun short range blasters.

Here's mine:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.