Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
The Native Americans traveled many many miles from summer camps to winter camps and didnt have ice chests...so they made jerky for the long trips...even the old women with no teeth figured out how to make one stick of jerky last for a couple miles. Think about it folks, I know not many of you are directly descended from natives Americans.馃槝

Premium Member
The Native Americans traveled many many miles from summer camps to winter camps and didnt have ice chests...so they made jerky for the long trips...even the old women with no teeth figured out how to make one stick of jerky last for a couple miles. Think about it folks, I know not many of you are directly descended from natives Americans.馃槝
ug-or gu

Registered
For those that have a rough time chewing the whole meat jerky, use Mr Stiles recipe, but used ground venison instead. I've been smoking jerky in the smoker for years, and only use ground.

Take the ground venison put it in a glass bowl add jerky fixins. Let marinate for however long it calls for. Put wax paper on table, slap ground on wax paper, put another piece of wax paper on top, use rolling pin to get to desired thickness. Use pizza cutter to get size/length of strips and put those on your rack and dehydrate or smoke. For those of you with no teeth, dis is da way ta go! Its also good for those with teeth.

Registered
For those that have a rough time chewing the whole meat jerky, use Mr Stiles recipe, but used ground venison instead. I've been smoking jerky in the smoker for years, and only use ground.

Take the ground venison put it in a glass bowl add jerky fixins. Let marinate for however long it calls for. Put wax paper on table, slap ground on wax paper, put another piece of wax paper on top, use rolling pin to get to desired thickness. Use pizza cutter to get size/length of strips and put those on your rack and dehydrate or smoke. For those of you with no teeth, dis is da way ta go! Its also good for those with teeth.
That鈥檚 my way.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts