Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Game and Fish says ducks populations are down and were are going to have restrictive season next year. If that is the case then why vote to increase the hen limit from 1 to 2 doesnt make sense to me. I have said it for years I think they are lying to us so that they can sell stamps. Seems to me they should have kept it at 1 or voted to not allow any hens killed just drakes

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
The Game and Fish says ducks populations are down and were are going to have restrictive season next year. If that is the case then why vote to increase the hen limit from 1 to 2 doesnt make sense to me. I have said it for years I think they are lying to us so that they can sell stamps. Seems to me they should have kept it at 1 or voted to not allow any hens killed just drakes
Man, your on a tear, I do agree with you on the xtra hen, don't quite understand that one.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Me too!!! Holy shiznit... We agree on something Manybeards>>> Just pokin' fun!!!

I never understood why it was even a consideration to allow another hen!!!

I've killed 'em when things just weren't perfect and I was gettin' on the gadwall pretty good! But I TRY hard not to kill hens!!

I hope that folks will police themselves and NOT shoot them just because it is legal!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bottom line is we got robbed, and I dont think theres anything we can do about it unless we can vote new members on the commission.
You are right we are being robbed on everyone the issuses I have brought up these game agencies have themselves a cash cow in us hunters and they know it cant get anyone to come together on anything. If we did and cut the money off for a season I promise you changes would be made cause they understand the politics of the pocketbook.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me too!!! Holy shiznit... We agree on something Manybeards>>> Just pokin' fun!!!

I never understood why it was even a consideration to allow another hen!!!

I've killed 'em when things just weren't perfect and I was gettin' on the gadwall pretty good! But I TRY hard not to kill hens!!

I hope that folks will police themselves and NOT shoot them just because it is legal!
Me too, I do my darnest not to shoot them either I not that hungry.

·
Banned
991 Posts
that'll make for some ugly pictures. you'll see 6 hunters with 18 squeelers, 12 mallard hens and 6 GREENHEADS to make up a limit. just wait you'll see it on one the many hunting forums from a group of guys from SC or FL or something like that:down:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's all part of the AG&FC's efforts to maximize the kill of ducks in 2008-2008. They sell more stamps that way.....

To quote Goliath, "We got hosed Davey".

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
can you say 30 day duck season?????? 3 malard limit:banghead::banghead::censored::down::down::smack::censored::banghead:
i wish we would have that season for 2-3 years and here is why

1) it would help with the duck populations and help get it back to the way it used to be

2) it would weed out a lot of johnny come lately duck hunters that started when mojos and duck hunting become the "cool" thing to do and i could get back to more peaceful mornings duck hunting with a lot less people around:

·
Registered
885 Posts
i wish we would have that season for 2-3 years and here is why

1) it would help with the duck populations and help get it back to the way it used to be
No it wouldn't. Science has proved it over & over, you can't stockpile ducks & significantly increase the population. Two things improve duck populations....WATER & COVER on the PPR....without those two ingredients duck populations stall or fall. With them they rise, and do so very quickly.

2) it would weed out a lot of johnny come lately duck hunters that started when mojos and duck hunting become the "cool" thing to do and i could get back to more peaceful mornings duck hunting with a lot less people around:
That it will do, but don't wish too many people out of the club. We need as many as possible to keep this sport alive & to keep the radical groups in this world pushed to the side.

·
Registered
70 Posts
While lots of water on the prairie is obviously the main ingredient to good duck numbers, it is either naive or self-serving to say that the millions of ducks we shoot every year have no effect on the population. I personally would love to see the woods a little less crowded and lease prices a little cheaper.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Fed up.....i havent been on this site for long, but ive been on here long enough to notice that all you do is complain, maybe you should just suck it up and go on with your life and take up a new hobby if you dont like how things are bein delt with in duck hunting....just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.