Henry classic 22 lever action

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by QCDually5.9, Dec 23, 2010.

1. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

Well, I finally broke down and got one. Just couldn't resist it. It felt too much like my marlin carbines. Went ahead and scoped it and tried out the aquila sub-sonic ammo out. I might be onto something with that. Very quite. A good squirrel getter out to about 25yds. It gets a :up:

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    We shoot those at the range. About all you hear is the hammer drop.

You'll have fun with it for sure. :thumb:

You know board rules...

[​IMG]

3. QCDually5.9

I obviously wasn't thinking. Here it is along side one of it's bigger brothers.

4. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

You will definitely like the Henry, I have knocked a LOT of coons out of trees with one. I used it for most of last season but the more I looked at it the prettier I thought it was and decided to go back to the old 10-22 for coon hunting. Now the Henry is strictly a squirrel gun, and an awesome one at that.

Good looking guns you got there :)

5. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    :fit:

I keep thinking I need one of those Henry 22s too. You just gotta love a lever gun, but I'm not ready to plunk down the $ on a Marlin 22.

6. Man I like the looks of that gun.. Going to have to start saving up I suppose..:up:

7. i have one i use for squirrel and coon hunting i love it :up:

8. QCDually5.9

Well, I am happy with it, with the exception of the trigger. It will certainly end up on my work bench along side a dremel tool. The trigger has alot of travel to it and isn't as smooth as I'd like. But other then that. It's all good. And yes, it does feed the shorts flawlessly. Oh, and if anyone is looking to buy one, shop around. I found the exact same gun priced from 319.99 down to 250.00

9. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I thought Momma Clause was getting me one last year, but she got a Browning instead... a used one mind you.... but I still like those Henrys.

i've been using CCI CB in mine to shoot tree rats. At twenty yards they still pop a goard pretty good, but by twenty five they start to drop pretty good. Gonna try to get another mess after the Christmas gun hunt.

What scope are you shooting? I haven't scope the BL yet.... actually think I just want a good aperture mounted on it.

10. QCDually5.9

My eyes aren't good enough for the iron sights. I put a bushnell banner 1.5 x 4.5 32 on the Henry. Gives a good clear and open picture to allow for seeing movement up in the trees. Also has thumb adjustable knobs which will be helpful after alittle R&D when switching to standard CCI Hp

11. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    You ain't the only one with that problem... :wink: :fit:

That family pic up top looks fine!! I really enjoy shooting lever guns.

12. QCDually5.9

Problem resolved. Removed some of the travel and polished it to a consistent 3.5lbs. Very nice for a lever gun.

13. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I just got a Henry Classic for Christmas. Hopefully I'll get some glass to top it with for my Birthday next month. :biggrin: