Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have or shot a henry 22 mag. I'm looking at one with the octagon barrel, but wanted to get some feedback before I bought one. I've shot a 22lr in the Henry and it was very accurate. Curious if the 22 mag was about the same. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I bought one a few years ago and got rid of it as quick as i had a chance too. It was not the most accurate gun i have ever owned and would not shoot certain ammunition. I bought a .22 mag. in it and the main problem i was having was it would not eject hollow points. It would shoot TMJ's o.k. but not hollow points. The ejector was too weak to grab the bullet rim best i could figure. In my opinion there are a lot better guns out there.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I bought one a few years ago and got rid of it as quick as i had a chance too. It was not the most accurate gun i have ever owned and would not shoot certain ammunition. I bought a .22 mag. in it and the main problem i was having was it would not eject hollow points. It would shoot TMJ's o.k. but not hollow points. The ejector was too weak to grab the bullet rim best i could figure. In my opinion there are a lot better guns out there.
Had the exact same thing happen to me.:censored:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's beginning to sound as though the Henry .22LR's are doing just fine, but they're having trouble with his magnums?

That is what I'm hearin too....; Glad I asked. Thanks ya'll.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts