Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my thermacell will not light, when I turn it on and click the button I get a blue spark like its suppose to do but it will not light , I have tried two new butane cartridge,s. It has been working fine, just all the sudden wont light any body else have this problem and if so how did you fix it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been trying to get mine to light again for 3 or 4 days I click the button to I get mad enought to stomp it then I PUT iT DOWN BEFORE i do the blue spark is as good as it ever was so I know thats not the problem. And the on and off switch seem normal cant figure out what the problem is

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried all that, I cant even here any hiss any more like its clogged up but I looked and its clean, and when it was working I turned it off put in the truck tried to light it a couple hours later its hasnt worked since I didnt get it in any dirt are anything to clog it up

·
Premium Member
11,872 Posts
ylm - ain't never had that problem but instructions state to hit the starter button 4, 5, 6 times real quick. Mine doesn't always start the first time I do that but wait just a few seconds and try again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I took it apart switch seems to work like it is suppose to, but I did push down on the plunger on the cartridge and nothing comes out no butane wont hiss are nothing like it doesnt have any pressure, you can take a safty pin are something similar and push it down and it should have some pressure, its about half full check another full cartridge same thing maybe bad cartridges. thats all the cartridges I have right now if someone else has a cartridge handy and woundnt mind, push down the plunger and tell wether it has pressure on it thanks

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
left mine in the back of my truck and it got submerged in the rain.

let it dry out for a day and it worked fine.

seems I always have to strike 5 or 6 times, even before it got wet.

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
I had to take mine apart because i forgot and left it in my stand all year and the ignitor quit clicking.

There is a little metal rod, about the size of a paper clip. It runs into a hole on the right side of the plate assembly. It goes inside where you cant see. It makes an arc in there somewhere. It is a piezo-electric ignitor, like a bbq grill ignitor. I took the ignitor apart and placed a drop of oil in it. It works now, but it still sticks. I usually have to mess with it for 10 seconds or so to get it to light.

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
443 Posts
I had to take mine apart because i forgot and left it in my stand all year and the ignitor quit clicking.

There is a little metal rod, about the size of a paper clip. It runs into a hole on the right side of the plate assembly. It goes inside where you cant see. It makes an arc in there somewhere. It is a piezo-electric ignitor, like a bbq grill ignitor. I took the ignitor apart and placed a drop of oil in it. It works now, but it still sticks. I usually have to mess with it for 10 seconds or so to get it to light.
This weekend my ignitor stopped working. Normally when you push the button, you can hear a clicking noise. Well, I pushed it in and nothing. Got back to camp and took it apart and when I pushed it in without the black button on it, it worked fine. So, I put it back together and left off the button. Went back out and it wouldn't work at first, but then finally did light. That's the last time I could get it to light. I'm wondering now if it's stuck in the down position???:confused: Will have to check that out tonight.

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
This weekend my ignitor stopped working. Normally when you push the button, you can hear a clicking noise. Well, I pushed it in and nothing. Got back to camp and took it apart and when I pushed it in without the black button on it, it worked fine. So, I put it back together and left off the button. Went back out and it wouldn't work at first, but then finally did light. That's the last time I could get it to light. I'm wondering now if it's stuck in the down position???:confused: Will have to check that out tonight.
Same thing happened to me last week. Have had it for quite a few years and striker broke, got the welts from skeeter bites on my neck to prove it. :smack: Will take mine apart this evening to see if I can fix it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mine is a couple of years old and this year it would not light. Finally after messing with it awhile here is how I got it to light.
Instead of turning it all the way on, I slid the switch just enough to open the gas flow. Then light and hold it there until it is hot, then slide the switch to on. YMMV

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
What i did to mine to get it to work is put a small drop of oil in the ignitor after i took it apart. Its a 3 piece ignitor. The base, a small spring, and the plunger. Theres 2 springs in the whole contraption. One in the ignitor and one on the gas tensioner. Dont lose those or your sunk. Mine rolled under the fridge before i found it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.