Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not for the life of me figure out what's going on. I have quest hammer polling 70 pounds with 28 draw length. Some times when I release my arrow my goes craze in my hand. I have a grip at all on the bow and in fact my fingers never touch it. It will shoot left more then right but it will twist when I shoot.

Saying that I stay inform until I hear the arrow hit and I anchor to the same spot every time. When I draw back step 1 is no death grip 2. Anchor and kiss the string 3. Center my peep and make sure I am level 4. Release and hold for hit. I am puzzled

Justin

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to say a low wrist but I dunno what you mean. No quiver and it's actually a little smaller then what they measured me for because the strings will stretch or so they told me.

·
Registered
753 Posts
"IF" the poundage is too high for you then that will cause inconsistencies in your shooting as well. Its just a thought, but maybe try lowering poundage for a bit just to see if it corrects or not. The other already mentioned is the draw length.

On a side note, and please don't take that to mean its the same for your bow. A cple of years ago i was at the range and was shooting a bow all day, no matter what i did it would not group consistently, after getting frustrated i once again started looking the bow over, and sure enough there was a crack in the limb. If everything on your bow is up to par, then that leaves the variables to blame. Any "one" variable will cause exactly what you are describing.

Hope you get it figured out. Good luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will look over the bow tonight and make sure. This ow has been dead on since I brought it home until the last coulpe days. Question should the bow have alot of pressure in my palm? Or should be in there relaxed?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a up date! Turns out it was the force of the spring hitting the string stop causing it to jump. Re tuned added a better stabilizer then that cheap limbsaver ( got a apache) and got a spot Hogg release really cheap ( 45 bucks!). Need to sell my Scott release now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the truth but now my arrow is rubbing my whisker biscuit when it leaves. Messed up 3 blazers and a arrow that went thro a 1/2 privacy fence :/ I wish I could be hunting right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.