Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to sight in a new remington 700 sps varmint in 223, and fired on an empty chamber. Now the bolt will not budge at all, not even rotate at all. Can someone help me out here?

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I was trying to sight in a new remington 700 sps varmint in 223, and fired on an empty chamber. Now the bolt will not budge at all, not even rotate at all. Can someone help me out here?
You're saying you dry-fired it?
See if the safety is in betwene safe and fire.

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts
You might take the action out of the stock and see if anything is blocked in the stock. Something may have gotten in the mechanism some how.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
That's what I would say it is without seeing the rifle. The base screws are down against the bolt and nothing can move. Take your scope and the base mount off to see if that is the problem. If it i then you can take a Dremel tool and grind the screws to a shorter length to make it work. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
That's what I would say it is without seeing the rifle. The base screws are down against the bolt and nothing can move. Take your scope and the base mount off to see if that is the problem. If it i then you can take a Dremel tool and grind the screws to a shorter length to make it work. :thumb:
+1. Do NOT try to force the bolt to move! If the screws are too long, they will surely ruin your bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts