Help is avaliable for the Model 60 trigger!

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by JB Weld, Sep 15, 2020.

1. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had no idea this kit existed. I have a Model 60 circa 1973 (which was my FIL 22 rifle). The trigger breaks pretty clean but has about a mile of creep. This kit is supposed to really help according to the reviews. I think I will get one a breath new life into the "family rifle".

https://www.mcarbo.com/marlin-60-trigger-job-bundle.aspx

Has any of you actually installed this in your old Model 60? How did it do?

Hobbshunter and jackie53 like this.
  2. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Watching..Thanks..

3. vinco

vinco Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the McCarbo kit works pretty good. The REAL good fix was the Arrowdodger trigger job, but he's retired from the game and not doing them anymore. I need to get me another Model 60 - the other 15 I have are getting lonely! (well, it's 15 or so if I count the magazine-fed models, but it's all the same basic action.)

hillbillycycles, JB Weld and jackie53 like this.
  4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I've heard of those. I love my 60, but the trigger is pretty terrible. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you.

5. claytonsdad

claytonsdad Well-Known Member

By all accounts Arrowdodger was the man. Too bad he got out of the game. He had that trigger figured out. Interested to see how well this kit does.

6. hillbillycycles

hillbillycycles Well-Known Member

I don’t have a model 60 but for a semi auto it and the 10/22 are rugged performers.

If you were to tell me you were going to dump me in the woods with only a .22 rifle I’d probably give the tube fed model 60 the nod just because I would not have to keep up with a magazine.

Mountain Oyster and JB Weld like this.
  7. Thenarwhal

Thenarwhal Well-Known Member

You can change out the trigger and tinker with it all you want. In the end you'll have ... a model 60. 10/22 (early production) is twice the gun.

Sincerely,

Not a Model 60 fan.

Arkie_3_fan likes this.
  8. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Don’t be so quick to discount the late model 10/22’s. I’ve got a Lasermax model that is a pretty dang good shooter and it’s function has been smooth and flawless.