Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a Rapala Ion lithium / rechargeable filet knife I leave in the boat. It does ok on bass, but today I tried it on some redfish (22-33 inches) and it sucked. It just did not have the power needed for reds. Is the Bubba lithium knife any better, or do you pretty much have to get a plug in model?
Any recommendations on a heavy duty knife that can handle tough fish?

·
Premium Member
26,759 Posts
Have used Rapala for years.. Didn't think their was anything better..
Until we filliet 120 Crappie and White Bass..
My Friend and co-worker pulled out a Bubba Cordless fillet knife..
I KNOW OWN ONE...WILL NEVR GO BACK...
YES THEY ARE THE DEAL!!!

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I've had several different electric knives and they all crap out way earlier than they should. These days I buy an electric knife from the kitchen department for around $15 and use it until it craps out then I buy another. Kind of like a disposable lighter. They last as long as anything else I have tried.

·
Grand Member
13,081 Posts
I've had Rapala cordless knifes for years and thought it was really good, until a friend of mine showed up with a Bubba cordless to help me clean some fish up in Minnesota. The Bubba beats the Rapala in everyway, especially on the bigger fish. When my current Rapala dies it will be replaced with a Bubba Knife.

·
Premium Member
26,759 Posts
I've had Rapala cordless knifes for years and thought it was really good, until a friend of mine showed up with a Bubba cordless to help me clean some fish up in Minnesota. The Bubba beats the Rapala in everyway, especially on the bigger fish. When my current Rapala dies it will be replaced with a Bubba Knife.
Yes Sir...Mine Done..moved on Bubba From now on..

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
Have used Rapala for years.. Didn't think their was anything better..
Until we filliet 120 Crappie and White Bass..
My Friend and co-worker pulled out a Bubba Cordless fillet knife..
I KNOW OWN ONE...WILL NEVR GO BACK...
YES THEY ARE THE DEAL!!!
Jackie......which colors do you like best for crappie magnets ??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts