Heater help

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by odocoi, Dec 19, 2010.

1. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

noticed the heater kicking on and off last night for some reason. It'll be running for a bit and then will shut off but go straight into start up/flame ignite. Did it a good number of times. Wonder if the flame sensor is needing a cleaning? I've had that problem before.

2. tgooch

tgooch Moderator Supporting Member

had the same problem with our furnace except it would do it at random times. Anyways turned out to be the circuit board in the furnace, the most expensive part:smack: Hope it is your flame sensor, that circuit board and labor ran about 400 for us. Hope this helps. -Tyler

3. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

well, guess I'll wait and see then. It hasn't done it any today that I've noticed. Thanks for the info.

4. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Switch to electric.then you don't have to worry about ..

'Things That Go BOOM, in the middle of the night'!!!!!!

:biggrin::whistle:

5. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Sounds like a glitch.... I have had a few of them here lately.. My gas fireplace has been pilot was going out or flame suddenly go out. Then it quit.. Not a single problem.. Another problem with MIL air back in the summer... They got a mind of their own sometimes. Any how, gas furnace, space heater, or what? It could be a safety switch or T-stat....

6. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

gas furnace. Lets hope it's one of them self fixing clitches.:up:

7. Shooter

Shooter Well-Known Member

Mine has a orange wire that cordes up that needs cleaning off every now and then