Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you that hunt with your kids make them wear hearing protection. I have a 10 year old daughter that has killed 3 deer since she started hunting and I always make her wear hearing protection. I bought the kind that amplify sound but then protect your ears when loud noises happen. If you don't make your kids wear hearing protection you ought to. I wish I had worn some when I started hunting because I can't hear very well now because of the damage from muzzle blast. Not trying to preach to anybody, just think it is best for those young ears.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've been working with my granddaughter, teaching her how to shoot. She fires NOTHING without hearing protection. Lord knows, I've lost a LOT of my hearing from high powered rifles & shotguns.

Now I won't fire anything bigger or louder than a .22 short without protection. I can't reverse my damage, but I can prevent anything further. I even wear hearing protection deer & duck hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.