Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went out to start the car yesterday morning about 7am I heard gobbling down in the river bottom below the house. Guess they're warming up here in the Ouachita foothills! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
guy at the lease said he has heard a couple in the past few days. gobble when they come off the roost, but not saying much else (the turkey nor him :smack: )

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I walked up on 3 Jakes last weekend.They stood within 20yds. for about 5 minutes, Clucking and trying to figure me out.They did'nt spook very easily.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I haven't heard a gobble yet, but I watched a longbeard in a field with five hens on Saturday. He thought about poppin a strut a of couple times, but never really committed. Come on season!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Saw a full strut in a field out of Nashville last week while scouting. Unfortunately not on our property, but is was cool to watch and did get the blood pumping a bit......

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jumped up several in the bottom below our house not too long ago. They flew across the river and started to call back and forth. I kept yelping with my mouth while loading wood on the tractor. I thought one of them was going to fly back across to me. He (or she) stayed close for a good while & I enjoyed that. I was on the right bank of this pic & they were on the left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts