Healthy Appetizer Ideas

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by SARAH, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Having a sugar bowl get together tomorrow. Needing some ideas for healthy finger foods for it I usually make spinach and artichoke dip and cream cheese pinwheels but seeing as we are trying to eat healthier and get in shape around my house these don't sound too good anymore.

2. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Well-Known Member

I like vegetable trays filled with baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, sliced bell peppers, cucumber, and celery.

Of course it goes without saying you need about a quart of ranch dressing to dip them in.

I see a lot of people these days cutting up potatoes into french fries but baking them in the oven instead of frying them.

Personally I don't like them as well baked, but most of the people I talk to say they like them just about as well.

3. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

1. Naked Hot Wings done in the oven with fat free Ranch. Most hot sauce is very low in calories.

2. Veggie Tray with Balsalmic Vinegar or fat free Ranch.

3. Sliced grilled Portabello Mushrooms marinated in kosher salt, Balsalmic Vinegar, garlic, sea salt, pepper and topped with grilled red onions in the same marinade. Serve over whole wheat crackers of your choice.

4. Bruschetta, take some diced tom's (Roma's are a good choice), sliced garlic (or minced). mix salt, pepper, fresh basil, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar of choice. Allow to marinade for at least a couple of hours then place a healthy size amount over some toasted garlic bread and top with Fontina Cheese. Warm just enough for the cheese to melt and serve.
    This works really well with grilled eggplant added also. I just dont care for it as much.

Boiled shrimp is always good to serve as well.

Hope this helps.

4. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas guys. Definitely going to try the portabellas I love mushrooms!

5. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I made a pot of Lil Smokies turkey weinies in wing sauce, the wing sauce has 30 calories per 2 tablespoons, I think there is 80 Calories in 5 wienies their pretty good too:up:

6. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

I don't know........Healthy snacks and football don't really sound like a nice mix to me.:shrug: